Friday, July 20, 2012

Alicia Keys new short hairstyle

So Alicia Keys tweeted a pic of a new do for her fans/followers and I really like it as it relates to something new for her. However, some people are calling it a "Big Chop" which in the natural hair world is defined as cutting off the relaxed portions the hair. 

(Pic courtesy of Twitter)

I on the other hand, would just call this a short hairstyle or Bob hairstyle because if you knew Alicia keys circa 2001, you would know that she was always  natural. Also, I only would say this is a "Big Chop" in the context that Alicia had hella hair when she first came out on the music scene. She says it's something new via the caption she posted with it stating:

Look what I done did!!;-))) its an  in EVERY way!!!! ;-))))

I personally love it and I think it goes with the fact that she has grown up now just as many of us have grown up with her. It's a more mature look and I'm digging it.

 (Joseline Hernandez Love & Hiphop cast member)

I will dare to ask though, is this going to be the new trend leading up to the Fall season? Consider Joseline Hernandez from "Love & Hip Hop". Almost every episode she is rocking a short hairstyle. 
So I'm wondering if anyone else is going to show up with short hair this season? 

Who else do you think would look great in a short do? 

1 comment: