Sunday, July 14, 2013

MAC RiRi Hearts MAC Summer: RiRi Boy & Heaux

(L-R: RiRi Boy & Heaux)

This review has been a long time coming but you guys know the long story right? If not, let me explain (I love Kevin Hart! lol)

So MAC released the RiRi Hearts MAC summer collection online with a waiting room (just like the first time) and I was in that room for 2 hours waiting. I went to the grocery store for an hour, came back and was still in the waiting room! So I ended up having my purchases on backorder. I'll admit that I was upset, but glad I could get the lipsticks I wanted. 

Both lipsticks arrived with a white substance on them. I assumed this was the wax from the machine used to make lipsticks, so I used 91% alcohol (just in case) with a Q-Tip to remove the white wax-like substance. 

Now on to the lipsticks.

First up is RiRi Boy. 

RiRi Boy Lipstick

I must say that it is a pretty color. It is a retro matte formula and described as a "vivid lavender." I would agree with this description. It's a very bright matte. The formula feels like velvet on the lips, but I will say make sure you use lip balm a few minutes before you apply or it will tug on you lips super hard!

RiRi Boy Lipstick


Bring on that Heaux!

Heaux Lipstick

It's a fun way to play with words for this "matte berry" color as MAC describes it. This went on very smooth with no tugging on the lips. Heaux, like RiRi Woo and Riri Boy is also of a retro matte formulation. Heaux pulls more red that berry on me. This is a very sultry color and is my fav of this collection.


Heaux Lipstick

Both Riri Boy and Heaux are sold out on online (http://www.maccosmetics.com/ ) and I don't know if there will be a restock. I hope so though...

No comments:

Post a Comment