Thursday, June 6, 2013

MAC All About Orange Collection Haul


MAC decided to get in touch with their citrus side and released a collection that focused on all things Orange! I loved the concept and decided to purchase a few lipsticks and at least try a blush. The complete collection has 7 lipsticks, 3 blushes and a quad of grey eyeshadows. The quad did not jump out at me and the blushes did nothing for my skintone. I purchased Sushi Kiss and Flamingo during the online release and went in store during the counter release (June 6, 2013) to pick up Tart & Trendy as well as Tangerine Dream.

(L-R: Flamingo & Sushi Kiss)


Sushi Kiss


Sushi Kiss is described as a midtonal coral but with a bit of a milky, satin finish. I had to blot this color on and if applied full strength, it's very white looking. So when I wear Sushi Kiss, I pair it with the MAC Auburn lip liner pencil just to tone it done.

Flamingo


Flamingo is described as a light, milky bright coral. It's very buildable and more on the pink side with a lustre finish. It's the perfect pink for summer.

Tart & Trendy


Tart & Trendy is described as a bright, neutral orange cream. I found this to be a buildable color as well with a lustre finish. I really enjoyed this lipstick. It glides on very smooth and delivers color beautifully.

Tangerine Dream


Tangerine Dream is described as a warm orange cream. It glides on more sheer since my lips are pigmented. However, I like that fact since it comes across as an orange sheer nude! Amazing huh? Therefore, I can wear Tangerine Dream as just a hint of orange of my lips. To add color though, I paired Tangerine Dream with Chicory lip liner by MAC. This made the color more solid and bold.

MAC Tangerine Dream lipstick and Chicory lip liner.


No comments:

Post a Comment